Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips how to make AIHS faster

Default Tips how to make AIHS faster

Hello Yab.
    Me again With more and more suggestions about your child (AIHS)

I propose you to make a light version of AIHS or tips how to make it "easier"(for server).

One of the tips that you have already given is about Do not count bandwitch and image views - this will make MySQL work faster and have more free resources

What else we can do?

By the way how can we make show images like static content avoiding at all MySQL quiry.
    Yab please think about all of this. I know you are very good developer
    Last edited by xavior; 05-15-2009 at 01:57 PM.

My next tip.

I have payed 100$ one system administrator to configure and recompile php and nginx for AIHS.

result you may see on the screen

Next tip for sale:
    Apply my tool to get less load on HDD drive(s) on your AIHS server

Well i have written a php script that makes changes in mysql of aihs and modify file storage of uploaded images and thumbs (/upload and /thumb folder).

Script + manual =10$
    Scipt + my help = 20$

As result files will be stored in /upload/a/c/f/q/ folder and you will have less load on your HDD

is better to have /upload/a/c/f/q/ folders or /upload/26-06-2009/ folders?

/upload/2009/6/26 is better.
    __

no matter

By using my script you sort already uploaded files, and not files that are currently uploading so my method (like /upload/a/c/f/q/) is good enough.

Why? - 150 000 - it's ~ 2 files in each folder - that's better than for examplte 2000 files uploaded by 2009/02/01 (one day) and stored in one folder. lol

Hmm. I have almost 500.000 images in /upload and 500.000 images in /thumb directory.
    I was thinking setting up a "new server" on the existing server, but this script of yours xavior sounds great.
    Iam only affraid that i will mess my database/website. How secure is this (i have aihs2.1)? All of the images uploaded from the begining MUST work with old links.

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Hmm. I have almost 500.000 images in /upload and 500.000 images in /thumb directory.
    I was thinking setting up a "new server" on the existing server, but this script of yours xavior sounds great.
    How secure is this (i have aihs2.1)?
    1. Well, it was made for 2.3 but if you are interested i'll look images and thumb structure and if some problem - will correct the script for you.

2. My statistics says next - i have lost 1-2 images during moving files for 10 000 files moved. So it's quit good.

3. As for security - i have made backup of SQL and backuped server, but all was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Iam only affraid that i will mess my database/website. How secure is this (i have aihs2.1)? All of the images uploaded from the begining MUST work with old links.
    500000 images, wondering what type of server you are using and what's your BW usage? i have 100,000 images and my core2duo 4gb ram server are dying...also may i ask what's your site(if you don't want to post here maybe PM me? =) )

Brian

e7300 i have. with 100mbs unmetered.
    also have sent you a pm.
    sorry for long reply